Automation is highly efficient. Not only are automated systems quicker than humans, but they also are more reliable and accurate. Programmed commands enable machines to give you a steadfast level of quality in our day-to-day lives.
The perks of automation aren’t limited to automobiles and home appliances, but also cover the software testing industry arena.
Among different testing procedures, regression testing is the one that’s extensively performed. The objective of regression testing is to ensure that the previously working functionality isn’t affected by a new change. There are many scenarios when it makes the most sense to perform regression tests. These are:-
- Cases with repeated defects
- Functionalities visible to users
- Cases which demonstrates mainstay features of the product
- All complex and integration test cases
- Boundary value test cases
- A trial of successful test cases
- A trial of failed test cases
How automated regression testing tools are a smart choice?
Regressing testing costs rely on the changes your software endures. Nowadays every software program undergoes frequent changes. Due to this, the test suites become fairly large and thus can’t be handled by manual regression testing. Now, this is when Automated Regression Testing Tools comes into use.
Here are a few reasons that depict how automation and regression testing can go hand-in-hand:-
- Automated test cases are stable, simple and easy to maintain.
- Automated Regression testing tool checks a variety of changes and set the testers free to conduct manual exploration.
- Automated Regression testing tool observe changes.
- It periodically cleans up old test cases.
- Automated Regression Testing tools helps in finding out regression caused due to database updates and browser versions.
- Automated regression testing makes mobile apps regression testing even easier.
- Automated Regression Tools save testers time and let them solve complicated cases at a higher level.
NECESSARY FEATURES THAT REGRESSION TESTING TOOLS SHOULD HAVE
Since there are so many regression testing tools present in the market, you may get stumped in choosing the right automated testing tool to perform regression testing. If you’re in a search of an automated regression tool then you must check out the five essential factors:-
- Auto Creation and Execution of Your Test Cases. Automatically Creating and Executing the test cases is one of the really helpful features for testers. With the use of this feature, you may be able to create and save your test case for future referrals. Besides, this feature of automated regression testing tools can help you implement the same test case on several other projects with slight editing.
Benefits of Auto Creation and Execution feature:
- Helpful in building complex test cases with a little editing for similar kinds of applications.
- Save manual efforts in the event test case fails.
- Should Be Script-less. Due to the use of just a few GUI based commands in scriptless tools, Script-based tools are now getting replaced by script-less tools. With script-less tools testers just need to drag and drop the simple and easy-to-understand script commands like click, click and wait, capture, etc.
Benefits of Script-Less Automation Tool:
- Reduces Scripting related stress and tensions.
- Has unbroken Integration With The Server. Generally, there is more than one tester involved in the whole testing procedure, thus it gets really important to store and execute the test scripts to speed up the regression testing process. This can be done by integrating continuous integration (CI) tools in your automated regression testing tool. If these tools come as a plug-in with your automated tools, it would be very effective to maintain the test scripts.
Benefits of Unbroken Integration with the server:-
- Testers can easily integrate scripts on the server.
- Verify application on regression cycles.
- Reuses Methodologies. Reusing test cases saves regression testing from becoming a tedious task. A regression testing automation tool must have a functionality through which you can combine various test cases repeatedly whenever similar kinds of testing requirements are needed.
Benefits of Reuse Methodology:-
- The combination of re-usable test cases can be useful for complete regression testing cycles.
- It helps in future regression testing requirements.
- Simplifies Regression Report Generation. The result of any kind of testing is known through its report. Thus the automated regression testing tool must consist of detailed information about the test that includes tests executed, test case status, test suite’s visual logs, priorities, ability to capture the screens, ability to create videos of regression runs etc. Other than this, the tool should determine whether or not the changes made in the application are tested properly with the recently formed or re-usable regression test cases.
Benefits of Simplified Report Generation:-
- Bugs can be easily logged with screen capturing feature.
- The systematic report helps testers to make changes to the test cases.
If you’re in search of an automated regression tool, then you must necessarily ensure that the proposed tool should have these features.
The installation of these features in a regression testing tool makes it even more useful and saves a lot of time for testers. Other than this, it improves the performance of your software application.
Experience the unsurpassed functionalities of the Automated Regression Testing Tool by UTS-Global. The company provides TestMagic. – a NextGen AI/ML-based Scriptless End-to-End One-Stop QA Automation Platform.